Monday 25 June 2012

Myra VitaGlow Tinted Mineral Moisturiser: The Week After

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

After a week of using the product, just a list of observations I've made on how my skin reacted to it.

Love it because
  • it's a moisturiser so it doesn't dry out immediately upon contact with my skin giving me time to move the colour around and blend it in evenly and flawlessly.
  • I've finally managed to get most of the product on my face rather than my fingers--it seems that the trick is to keep rubbing it into my skin until it dries to a powdery feel--and I discovered that if I apply a dab of alcogel to my hands, I can redistribute the traces of the product from my fingers to the rest of my hand, giving my hands a little bit of glow.
  • even if the heat was at "OMG I'm melting!" degrees, it stayed on, keeping most of my face looking flawless.
  • it made me feel fully made-up even if I'd only put on the tinted moisturiser, mascara and lip balm.
Annoyed with it because
  • the summer heat wave has given me dry patches and the moisturiser isn't strong enough to soothe them.
  • attempts to reapply the product just made the appearance of the dry patches worse since the tint and minerals settled into the dry bits of skin.
  • my very slick lip balm tends to bleed and when it touches the edges of my lips where a bit of moisturiser is, the products mixed and made my face seem like it's really melting especially when, after eating, I dab my lips with tissue.
I haven't noticed any real changes or improvements yet but my cheeks did feel wonderfully smooth. Perhaps I'll do a comparison after I've finished off the entire tube.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 19 May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...