Thursday 21 June 2012

M.A.C. Strobe Cream PLUS Studio Fix Powder + Foundation

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

I said before that I wasn't too happy with how the Strobe Cream worked on my face because it made my already oily skin look greasier. However, I read a long since lost article that said underneath powder, Strobe Cream works wonders. So this is my second product trial.

This, again, is my face, newly-washed and this time moisturised with Avon's Anew 360degree White. It was just a sample so I can't give you a proper review for that one. ^.^ Though the Strobe Cream also moisturises, it doesn't moisturise my skin enough on dry days so I chose to apply a different moisturiser prior to Strobe Cream application.

Okay, this time around, even with two moisturisers on my face, it didn't look too horrible. Why? Because by then, I'd mastered the art of applying sparingly.

Ladies, if you happen to have the ill fortune of thinking the way I do that more is well, more, for these products, it's not. "Less is more" is the rule to follow here and it will save you a bunch too if you apply the product a little bit at a time instead of grabbing a whole dollop of it and then cursing yourself inwardly when your skin refuses to keep absorbing the product you'r trying to slather on.

The same is true with powder though this one I learned early on when I would apply thick layers of powder on my face and the moment I wipe the sweat off my forehead with a hanky, off comes the powder. (Please remember though that I was nine and although the compact was from my grandmother, she didn't exactly teach me how to use it properly.


On the left is the Strobe Cream just barely showing through the thin layer of pressed powder that I patted on my face. Compare this with the image from way before when I wore the strobe cream alone.

While my pores still felt over emphasised, the Photoshopped smoothness remained and I was glowing, not greasy.

I believe it was a Philippine Daily Inquirer columnist who pointed out that the Strobe Cream underneath any powder or foundation gives a beautiful, dewy glow. I'm so happy my mum saved that article for me to read. And just so my effort to put on powder would not be wasted, I decided to go all out.


Just a slightly exaggerated version of my normal every day look.

Full disclosure: I used Photoshop to erase some of the blemishes on my skin. You can tell the difference between the first three photos and these last two.

Products used:

  • M.A.C. Strobe Cream
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder + Foundation in NC42
  • Nichido Eye Shadow in Bronze Eclair
  • Maybelline Eye Shadow in Pearly Snow
  • Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black
  • Nichido Powder Blush in Sunkissed
  • An unknown lipstick that was given to me as a gift

The question left is how it would work for a full day especially when it gets really hot and it feels like everything just melts off.

That trial redone, I take back my original opinion on the matter. M.A.C. Strobe Cream actually does work beautifully and since it moisturises perfectly, it becomes a great make-up base despite missing SPF. Perhaps for night time purposes?


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 14 May 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...