Friday 29 June 2012

IHeart Organizing: Reader Space: A Framed Magnetic Chalkboard Tutoria...

This tidbit is brought to you by IHeart Organizing

IHeart Organizing: Reader Space: A Framed Magnetic Chalkboard Tutoria...: A little DIY is always fun, but I say you get extra credit when it is organizing related!  Kelly did as many of us do, and fell in love with...
I have asthma. This is significant because despite my asthma--which is already under control anyway--I have always been obsessed with chalk boards. I love the idea of having a chalk board in the kitchen and have been entertaining the idea of having one in our home office as well. But seeing this post from a reader of IHeart Organizing, I realise suddenly that I was thinking rather small.

I love the concept of using sheet metal as the chalk board surface! Originally I'd intended to use a thick piece of cork but was fretting over how cork boards eventually wear out but this one is just genius to me because sheet metal means I can use magnets. Yes, they also wear out over time, but it does save me from pricking my finger every now and then. ^^; I can be that clumsy, admittedly.

I've also toyed with the idea of white boards but somehow chalk boards just have a better graphic appeal. Plus, dustless chalks aren't the only option anymore; now we have liquid chalk which is also dustless and comes in a variety of colours that will definitely feed that colour-coding monster inside me.

So yes, note to self: get custom shelf built, and either stick a bit of sheet metal onto it, or make a magnetic chalk board as inspired by the above post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...