Wednesday 6 June 2012

Fat Mum Slim's June Photo A Day 06: Hat

Okay, I may be called out on a technicality here as this is called a flat cap and not a flat hat, but it's the closest head gear to a hat that I...rather, my husband, has.


My husband agonized over buying this for the entire two weeks of our stay in Ireland. Finally, when they met again at the airport, he looked at me and went, "Can I buy it?"



I was, at the time, busy trying to look for the piece of jewellery that had eluded me for the entirety of our stay: a pendant of the triquetra.
Note: The triquetra is a Celtic symbol signifying things or persons that are threefold. In Christianity, it has been used a symbol of the Blessed Trinity, often with a circle going through the interconnected loops emphasizing the unity of the three elements. -Wikipedia

So I told him "If you really want it, go get it." And in my head I added "Because really, you've been obsessing over it since two weeks ago."

He had his pick of two designs: this black one that he obviously preferred, and a kind of patchwork one. Both suited him quite well (read: he was hot) but having always favoured thecolour black, he ended up choosing that as it matched his coat.

Unfortunately by the time we got home, it was already too hot for him to use it, but the rainy season has come up and as long as it's not raining too hard, it'll still be of use to him--and he looks even hotter with the hat and the coat combined.










PS I did, finally, find my triquetra pendant at the airport. I'll take a photo of it at some point and share it here. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...