Thursday 14 June 2012

Foot(wear) Fetish

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

I never really cared much for shoes until recently when I realised that there are so many shoes in my shoe closet that need replacing. Now, I'm obsessed. Well, not entirely, perhaps, but I have been going on this hunt for the perfect footwear, finding the most comfortable and flexible shoes I can manage to get.

One of the best shoe brands I've ever encountered is Via Venetto, a high-end local brand for women's shoes and bags. Even they admit that they're really pricey, but the quality is well worth every buck spent.

These shoes, for example


have been with me for ten and eight years respectively.

The black pumps hail from my high school graduation and were actually victims of disuse as for most of my first year at uni, I didn't feel that I could actually use pumps and promptly forgot about them. They saw daylight again when I needed them as part of a costume. Unfortunately, the leather had toughened in their years of storage and refused to adjust/yield to my feet resulting in four battered toenails (read: purple-black bruises under my toenails with the nail close to falling off).

The tan, discoloured sling-backs were actually used to run around the University of the Philippines Diliman campus--during the time when the sidewalks were still of (faux) cobblestone. Most people couldn't believe I could run in them but really, both pairs are just about 2-inches high and very comfortable.

These two pairs of shoes represent my favourite styles which I find to be really flexible, especially for someone who picks what are generally just the most basic shoe styles and colours. I spent about a year and a half trying to look for a pair or two that would come close and these are the closest replacements that I found.


I am so in love with these shoes!

I've already broken them in and though the size 6 of the nude was too tight, the pair I got was just a touch too loose so I do have to put a cork in but otherwise, they are just so perfect. I promised myself, too, that I will learn to wear stockings with these shoes so I don't blacken the insole the way I did with my old pair.

This has been the official goodbye to my old pairs of shoes and a welcome to the new ones that will suffer similar abuse in my hands. Or on my feet, whichever way you prefer to look at it. I'm sure both will last just as long.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 9 May 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...