Friday 19 October 2012

Personal Care

Okay, this one is highly personal and quite intimate, and to be honest I wasn't even sure if I wanted to blog about this but well it's out there and there's really naught wrong with discussing hygiene.

But we'll still begin after the cut anyway. ^_~

We already know soap and water doesn't cut it; we have been told several times over that there's a balance to everything and we have to be mindful of specific sensitivities. Especially in this age of strange, sometimes constricting clothing and undergarments, what goes on down there can turn into an uncomfortable mess.

I've never been on the receiving end of that kind of mess, thankfully, but I cannot help being paranoid over what I use there now, especially with all those ingredient warnings for mums-to-be.

I don't know about you guys but I really don't like the smell of most washes. Or the texture of it on my skin; I never feel like it's been rinsed off enough. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it really ought to smell like anything.

I've tried three different brands, the last one being the most satisfactory in my opinion. But again, given all the warnings and whatnot, I decided to forgo that brand in favour of a switch to Human Nature, hence this entry reviewing their take on this very important bit of hygienic product.

You can totally tell which one I favour more based on the size of the bottles in the photo. There are two versions of the Human Nature Natural Feminine Wash: the original which is lightly chamomile-scented, and the other with a touch of menthol that just makes it feel all the more fresh and clean after use.

It rinses off very easily and though, as my husband says, most natural products proclaim that a little goes a long way, I've found this to be absolutely true for Human Nature products. The 50ml bottle stretched out for nearly a full month for me and even with multiple uses per day, no irritation at all.

Admittedly, a new user may find the gel-like consistency odd but if you're familiar with aloe-based products or products that have aloe vera in them, it's really just that. ^_^

Second up is a newly-discovered necessity.

I honestly did not think I could sweat so much but apparently, I can. The fact has made the use of a deodorant an absolute must and again, paranoia over ingredients encouraged me to purchase this product: the Human Nature 100% Natural Premium Deodorant.

First off though, I really don't like the powder scent but at the time I made my purchase, it was the only variant on the shelf out of the three available. The powdery scent does disappear after a while--or maybe my olfactory nerves just kind of start ignoring it after some time--so I don't really mind so much. This particular formulation doesn't seem to work well with my body chemistry though so I will likely switch to an alternate variant once I've finished this bottle off.

The second thing I don't like about it is that it takes a while to dry. This may be true of most natural deodorants though, I have no idea. This is the first all-natural deodorant I've used so I have no similar point of comparison. I'd exclusively used solid deodorant/anti-perspirants before though so the idea of having to wait for it to dry is quite new to me.

Note, too, that this is a deodorant not an anti-perspirant. Do not expect to stay dry though honestly, I do seem to still stay dry anyway when I use this. Or perhaps the lack of unpleasant odours help ease the consciousness over moisture.

In this foray into natural products, I find that learning about my body chemistry is rather important, given that each individual will react to the contents of a product differently. Not necessarily in a bad way, but perhaps in a less mainstream manner than if one were to use a typical grocery store product.

Did that make sense? Yes? No? Hopefully?

I probably need to get a better handle on reviewing, hahaha!

Despite the things I dislike about the deo though, I still give it a thumbs up. It does what it says after all and that's preventing unpleasant odours. Bonus points for making my underarm skin feel smoother than ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...