Tuesday 2 October 2012

Dear Bean #3: Journalling

18 July 2012


Dear Bean, 

So I can write down my more private thoughts regarding your arrival, I officially turned one of my personal journals into a journal for me to fill with my thoughts and feelings regarding your presence in our lives.

We won't know for a while still if you will be a boy or a girl but we're making no effort to find out. What is important is that you arrive in our arms a safe and healthy baby. If we do find out your gender, that will be a bonus. Until then, we will make a list of both male and female names so when the time comes, we'll be ready.

I promise to try to write as often as I can but preparing for your arrival is of the greater import so I may not write regularly.

We don't know if you can hear already--there is so much emphasis on in utero stimulation, it's insane!--but I have been reading aloud to you. Your real first book was The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir. It's about the trial and death of Anne Boleyn, second queen of King Henry VIII of England. I stopped reading it soon after though and your second book became The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I don't know yet what I'll read to you next but I have plenty of books to choose from.

I am very grateful that you have been very easy on me so far. I have had a lot of nausea but no actual vomiting as they always seem to depict in movies and TV shows. My cravings are strange but my mood swings are barely worth mentioning. Your father is lucky that way, haha! Now it's a question of whether or not his luck holds for the rest of the months to come!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...