Friday 19 October 2012

Fabulous

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

I think that will be my theme for this year.

"FABULOUS"

Just saying it makes me smile.


I confessed in a reblog that I'd grown up with a low self-esteem and if you've spent more than two decades feeling that way, it's quite hard to break out of it. The toughest part? You can't just rely on other people to help you get out of that rut. You have to know how to help yourself.

I started this blog mostly for the fun of discovering what I can do with make-up. I've made myself look older, younger, more chinita (local Filipino term for "Chinese-looking" in reference to the eyes), or simply perked myself up because of the fun colours I've begun to explore.

I figure I want to go a little deeper than that.

I don't know if everyone has their own "drug" but I think I've found mine. Basically it's "If I look pretty in my own eyes then I feel pretty. If I feel pretty then I feel more confident." Some people work on their beauty from the inside out; I've had to work mine from the outside in.

I think what few looks I've posted here reflects how I'm feeling so far. Mostly I tend to put up neutral looks with just one pop of colour (either eyes or lips) if I put in any bright colours at all. I've started gaining my confidence footing though I'm still a long ways off from calling attention in a crowded room by simply walking into it.

As always, baby steps.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 27 January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...