Tuesday 16 October 2012

Dear Bean #7: Not a surprise

21 August 2012



Dear Bean,

Well now, guess whose list of names has been narrowed down immensely?

Papa and Mama have accidentally found out you are a boy so now we're going to concentrate mainly on boy names. I've already made my list of Irish names--whether or not your life began in Ireland, we're determined to give you an Irish name anyway--and now Papa has to make his list of Japanese names (he insists) so we can match your Irish and Japanese names.

Just to be safe though, we will finish the list of boy names and then go back to our list of girl names. Just in case the reading was wrong.

I'd say you are very blessed, very blessed indeed to have the kind of extended family system that you do. And Daddy and I are very blessed to have them as well. These ties are even more important to me since I have no siblings by blood. Already your (honorary) aunts and uncles are doting on you by passing on to us many of the things that you'll need once you arrive. Now I have to start making lists of what we already have and what you still need so when we come closer to the date, we can begin the necessary purchases.

Finally I can feel and see your movements. Someday I will show you the videos. It was a great source of amusement for me because it was like watching an alien life form trying to break free from my stomach. I may be a little strange for thinking of it that way but that's what it reminds me of. For some reason though, you quiet down when it's Papa trying to feel for your movements--maybe you can tell the difference between his less certain hand and mine? I'm excited for him to be able to share in the experience though. Perhaps by next month when you've gotten bigger.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...