Friday 5 October 2012

Left Behind #3: Eyes, Lips, and Cheeks

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

When I was six I used to go through my mum's and aunt's drawers without their knowing it--so I believed though I still don't know if they ever figured it out--and I would play with their make-up. Naturally it was the eye shadows that I played with most and eventually it was my grandmother's stash that I was openly allowed to muck around with, exploring all sorts of combinations.



Back then, the make-up I played with came in palettes. This is the reason why, when I began exploring make-up again, I was so amused to find that there were such things as individual eye shadow pots and pans. The first basics I bought, just because they looked almost completely neutral and fairly natural on me, were the Nichido Soft Black and Bronze Eclair (1). These came in little screw top pots but I eventually broke up the little cakes and compacted them into these stacking jars. From M.A.C. are these two beauties: Sable and Aquadisiac (2). This third one, a rather large pan from Ever Bilena, is the most fabulous black eye shadow ever called Cleo (3).


Eye shadow sticks are made of love. These two from Fashion 21 (1) called Wood and Clay I normally use as a base for my powders to achieve different effects. These five sticks from Elianto (2), meantime I hadn't opened yet at the time but will show them off in another entry. :D


Eye pencils. I've never been very good at applying the stuff and since I don't really use primers, they tend to slide or smudge off after some time. These pencils from Nichido are awesome though; and they are one heck of a cheap thrill at, if memory serves, PhP80 each!


I was fourteen when I first bought my own make-up and even then I had a kind of obsession for having really thick, almost fake, lashes. Max Factor's False Lash Effect (1) has been, so far, the best product I've used for this purpose though I've since been trying out others in my attempt to be more animal-friendly in my cosmetics choices. And if mascara isn't enough, there are false eye lashes (2) to master wearing, hahaha!


I am not a very big fan of blushes, powder or otherwise, mainly because I turn red like a lobster the moment the temperature rises. But I have three of them anyway, just because I had to use it for theatre purposes. From left to right: Ever Bilena's Starlight Shine, Nichidho's Sunkissed, and M.A.C.'s Frankly Scarlet. The last one is my favourite because I need so little of it to make my cheeks pop.


Capping off this entry are my lip products. Again I have more than I actually need but I've been using these a bit more often than I used to so I suppose it's worth it.

Left to right: Nivea's Angelstar Lip Balm. So cute because it has a bit of shimmer to it, but not so much that your lips look glittered up. In the middle are my stacking jars of lipstick (clockwise): Maybelline's Watershine Lipstick in Dragonfly Red, Revlon's Conditioning Shimmer, two tubes of lipstick that came free with an old make-up case, and Revlon's Wet Wet Red lipstick. Two of my favourites, however are these M.A.C. lipsticks, Craving and Diva, because I can dress both up or down according to the occasion and my needs.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 23 January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...