Monday 16 July 2012

"What kind of HOT are you?"

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

The January 2011 issue of Cosmopolitan Philippines featured an interesting article on look suggestions based on your personality.
I went ahead to page 120, to the article with the same title as above. The first question was pretty tough for me ("Your idea of the perfect tank top is:") since I actually do like both options very much. I ended up taking the "quiz" twice and came up with the following answers.

My first result, "Girly-Girl Hot" is completely in line with how I do see myself.

What's interesting about this article is that it recommends things to keep in your purse as basics and I totally agree with everything it suggested: a pink pout and cheeks, floral scent, and a subtle shimmer. Check, check, and check! In fact, all the product types they suggested are what I do have in my purse except for the perfume which I often apply immediately before leaving the house and never reapply because that particular perfume is quite strong.

The article recommended:
  • Pür Minerals Marble Powder (part of a package that includes powder, bronzer, and blush)
  • Revlon's Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer
  • Maybelline Watershine Pure in P11
  • Estée Lauder Pleasures in Bloom
Clockwise I have:
  • The Face Shop Baked Shimmer in #3 Apricot Nuance
  • The Face Shop Real Moisture Lipstick in PP403
  • Nichido Powder Blush in Sunkissed
  • Elizabeth Arden White Shoulders (and you can see, too, how well-loved the perfume is *embarrassed*)
My alternate result was "Down-to-Earth Hot" which involves an even lower maintenance primping with a nude lip gloss, super plumping mascara, base or foundation, and smooth but fluffy hair. Funnily, this does apply to me particularly on my lazy days when all I do is put on lip balm, a dot of lipstick, powder, and mascara.

The article recommended:
  • Revlon Grow Luscious by Fabulash
  • Shu Uemura UV Under Base Cream
  • Smashbox Baked Fushion Soft Lights Palette
  • Max Factor Vibrant Curve Effect Lip Gloss
My own supplies are:
  • Max Factor False Lash Effect
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra with SPF 20 in Honey or Max Factor Creme Puff 2-way Foundation in #13 Nouveau Beige
  • The Face Shop Baked Shimmer in #3 Apricot Nuance
  • Nivea Angel Star Lip Balm
I love that both suggestions are quite practical for me who likes to primp but still spend less than half an hour on it.

The caveat here, I suppose, is that it's not really necessary to buy magazines that features tests like this one to prove that what I'm doing works. I already know it does. It's nice to have that professional affirmation though.

I love that this encourages having a "staple" look. Granted there are times when putting on make-up takes hours and practice and patience, beauty, to me, is about having fun playing up or playing down different facial features to suit my moods and with these types of basics, anyone can look totally put together without the hassle of lugging around an entire suitcase of products.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 16 January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...