Tuesday 3 July 2012

IHeart Organizing: Reader Space: Magnetic Meal Planning!

This tidbit is brought to you by IHeart Organizing

IHeart Organizing: Reader Space: Magnetic Meal Planning!: Although I recently posted about my meal planning process here , I couldn't resist sharing another super incredible and fun way to go about ...
A bit of a ways back I posted first about meal planning, and then the awesome magnetic chalk board another reader of IHeart Organizing made.

I love nurturing that domestic part of me. As I've said before, there is a reason why I chose "Career Housewife" as my handle. In local lingo, to "make a career" out of something [for fellow Filos, that would be variants of the term kinarir/kinareer] means to take anything seriously enough to really study and develop skills that would aid in the said activity.

Food is a huge deal for my family, not just because of the food itself but because meal times, particularly dinners and weekends, are the only times we are all seated at the table together. It is, therefore, very important for us to have good food at the table, special dietary considerations plus likes and dislikes included.

I do my planning weekly. In fact, I still have planning to do beginning our meals for tomorrow, haha! We only shop for groceries twice a month, meats once a week, so planning has to be done ahead of time, with some allowances for changes depending on sudden cravings or surprise take home food. I'll probably need to adjust this magnetic meal planning board quite a great deal to suit our needs but I definitely think it's better than my current method of having to print out weekly  plans. The board wastes no paper or ink, and I can easily include a list of things that need defrosting and whatnot.

I'm learning so much from people who've been doing it longer than I have. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...