Thursday 12 July 2012

The Puzzle (Ring) Quest

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

I am normally very good at crediting photos to owners or to the web source. Unfortunately, these have been in my harddrive for so long and without being renamed to indicate the source. If you are the owner of these images or know where they come from, please let me know.

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, one of the things I really wanted was to have everything reflect our combined personalities, however strange our ideas may sometimes seem. That alone drove me to go on a quest to find the most perfect components to complete the ceremony, among the most important being the physical symbol of our union: the ring.

We agreed early on that our every day rings should be as plain as possible and that we'd have more formal rings made for us to wear on special occasions. However, when he said "every day" to me, I also considered the idea that it ought to be something a little less ordinary and non-traditional just like us.


Obviously there are plainer puzzle rings but these were the fancier designs that I fell in love with.

Of the lot I actually like #1 the best, followed by #3 because both already have very interesting designs even without stones set in them, and #3 even has an additional little secret. (I have since learned that this design is called a claddagh or was at least inspired by the same.) I'd choose #4 OR #5 if we're going to put in stones.

We ultimately ended up with very plain, every day rings due to then unforeseen events that affected our wedding planning. But I at least have these still for future use.


Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 15 January 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...