Tuesday 24 July 2012

Blog Maintenance #6: Insta-revise

So apparently I misunderstood portions of "Fair Use" and attribution doesn't count.

Therefore my cute little LinkWithin will be missing photo thumbnails for a little while--imagine the horror now, of having to do this for two other blogs to which my Blogger cross-posts. To fellow blogger Tony Burgess on Tumblr, this is the only truly ridiculous thing of having three different platforms, hahaha!

I want to make this blog a permanent thing and I don't want there to be any issues arising from my use of various photos I find to be symbolic of the images and thoughts I have in my head. I'd rather not deal with the possibility of being sued for having been misled into thinking all the attributions and whatnot was enough.

*sigh*

So if there are others out there who, like me, thought attributions and links back covers the non-profit use of any image, read this blogger's experience. And be even more mindful of your photo usage. I've been saying I'm a wannabe photographer, well, this wannabe will take that a little more seriously now and take more photos to replace the ones I'm about to take down!

Now really...what in the world to do with the other million and one Tumblr and Pinterest shares?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...