Thursday 19 July 2012

Everything in its place

Note: This is an old entry reposted from my old blog called Boudoir Angel on Tumblr. I'm reposting all of these old entries because I plan to delete my old blog and consolidate everything to this one. Some posts may have its text updated and/or reformatted slightly according to the platform change.

A quick view of my new make-up box and its contents.

This Lock & Lock box is actually intended to be a first aid kit but when I saw it I immediately thought "Make-up kit!"

First of all, I love that the lid is securely fastened by locks going all the way around ; typical of the structure of any Lock & Lock container.

The first aid kit has a total of seven compartments. 2/3 of the box is occupied by stacking compartments. The top bit is divided in quarters while the bottom bit is divided in half by a removable divider. The remaining 1/3 is just a tall compartment probably meant for alcohol, etc.

Below are the images of how I arranged my cosmetics inside the kit.


In the tall portion I have my powder and foundation compacts, tubes of BB cream, moisturiser, a spray bottle containing 70% isopropyl alcohol, and oil absorbing paper.

On the top tray I have my blushes, eye shadow pots, sponges, spare containers, and lipsticks. In the bottom layer I have my tools and brushes, eye pencils, stick eye shadows, and of course, mascara.


This arrangement will likely change over time, obviously, especially as my supplies change, containers change, etc. But for now, I'm very happy with my new find which, by the way, is now on my office shelf since the office is where I usually put on my make-up before we head off for the day.




Originally posted as Boudoir Angel on Tumblr, 18 January 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...