Monday 30 January 2012

Out of It

I'm a little sad that I've been too drained to write much the past nights but that's life now, isn't it? I'm doing my best to live up to my promise to myself, though, that I will write every night to help improve my personal writing voice.

That said, allow me to leave you with Sunday's reflection prayer (yes, it is different from the Bible quotes that are posted there on the right; we use different readings for our nightly prayers): "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

This has been the hardest task given us...given me...that I can remember. I will confess to being a mean and spiteful human being. There may be those who would argue against this but bear with me.

It's very difficult for me to let go of things that either annoy or hurt me or more rarely, make me angry. So yes, this is a constant struggle for me which I've been working on since last year. Most actively, that is.

You really have to marvel at the Lord's timing. It is when you need to hear it the most that you receive these kinds of messages or reminders. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...