Thursday 26 January 2012

A little something Extra

Third post for the night, wow.

My two earlier posts were written right at the moment of my lowest point for the day. If there's anything I'm most grateful for, above everything else in my life, it's that ever since I committed my life to the Lord there is not a single time when I've felt so weak and lost that I was not comforted.

The previous post served as a pick-me-up in that it gave me something to think about so as not to dwell on...fine, I'll call it that...my depression for the day. (Emphasis on "for the day.") This next one made me happy because it reminded me that yes, there was a lapse in my fortitude today and I am still very much a flawed follower, but I'll keep getting better at handling these low times for as long as I remain faithful and obedient.

That was my reminder tonight during our nightly prayers--being sure of what I believe in and striving to be pleasing to him. There are so many things in my life that were accomplished purely by faith and things that I survived purely by faith.

I still have a long way to go. Three years is not enough to catch up on the things I ought to have learned earlier. But in His wisdom the Lord allowed me those years prior to find my way back to Him after wandering in the wilderness. And I know I was still blessed during that time because there were people praying for my safe return.

I have declared that I am His and that is what keeps me going. I persevere because I know He has plans for me and that everything I go through is the means through which I am being prepared to receive what gifts and blessings may come.

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...