Friday 25 September 2015

The Postpartum Recovery List

Well, we're almost there.

I swore to myself that I would be a more fabulous mom this time around. My first task was actually to choose pretty clothes to wear for the duration of my hospital stay. I hadn't known before that I could actually already change out of my hospital gown as soon as I'd returned to my room after giving birth. I'm prepared this time.

I must say Victoria's Secret is officially my new favourite place to shop for pretty sleepwear. I picked out slips that are actually on the bigger side just to be sure that they'll fit but I know my proper size now and I fully intend to get my hands on more of their slips after I've given birth.


I did not realise how much of an impact breastfeeding had on my clothing options. I've mentioned this before and I can't help mentioning it over and over because it's going to be a massive part of my life again for the next two years.

Happily the clothes left in my closet are breastfeeding friendly. I know I will need more but I need to wait a little while to lose some of that extra baby weight before I plan for more pieces.

Then there's the hair! I need to go visit the salon as soon as I'm able. I want a new hair colour. And I have to say, a return to using my makeup is highly welcome. I've missed dolling up.

I realise a lot of the things I want to do are superficial--outside things that I am hoping will help pull me through the tiredness and sleepless nights. I suppose I'm like that. It really does make me feel good when I look in the mirror and I like what I see. I've been feeling particularly tired these past months with everything that's been going on beyond child rearing and bearing that I really need the pick-me-up.

I've also gone back to my art. Three of them: painting, photography, and writing. The latter I plan to use not just for recreation but also for a way to keep myself from going insane caring for two little ones. I must share my artwork here at some point. We've started our businesses and investments, now this momma wants to work on things that I've wanted to work on for the longest time. ^_^

I know it's hard to plan for things that are not completely under my control but hey, a girl can dream and dream big!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...