Thursday 8 March 2012

Re: Raising Awareness - Joseph Kony

I've spoken out against armchair activism before and this may be something of interest to those who feel that action should come first because movements done to promote/prevent things will surface no matter what.

I got this link, Visible Children, via Ms. Lea Salonga's Twitter account. Being quite outspoken over issues she believes in, I consider her to be a reliable source of information. Note that respect for her reliability has nothing to do with her being a celebrity. The reason I consider her to be a reliable source is that along with giving her honest opinion on matters, she shares links to websites that speak of the topic encouraging readers and followers to be better informed.

I'm still going over all the information on both sides--now that I've seen there's an alternate side to the matter, it's time for a little more research since Visible Children did not come up during my original search.


1 comment:

  1. I hope Kony becomes to darn popular that it would be hard to find any plastic surgeon who won't dare do his face before turning him in to the authorities.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...