Monday 12 October 2015

Child-rearing Round Two

There are, apparently, many things about newborns that I'd forgotten about.

Like how often they spit up, and that if you have a little boy, you need to be prepared for mid-diaper change "showers".

It's been a week and a half since we finally held our newborn in our eager arms. It was as magical as the first time but more relaxed in a way. We had fewer photos in our hospital room but I've no regrets with that: because of the rooming in policy hospitals now adhere to, my son and I were reunited within hours after delivery (I had to work off the effects of the epidural first and eat my first meal in more than twelve hours) and we were too busy getting to know each other and more importantly, learning to latch again.


I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I've been spending my recovery time cleaning up whatever I can clean up or organise around the house. I'm quite proud of what I've managed to finish and happy with how it's helped me recuperate faster.

Big brother is taking well to his new role. He's very pleased that he's gained some footing in being treated somewhat differently; he's proud to be the "big boy" in the house. Llew was prepared to share me with Kian however, he was a little less prepared to share his dad. We will get there eventually but meantime we are satisfied that he shows himself to be very loving toward Kian.

Further thoughts will be put down soon. For now we take it a day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...